Bloom in Numbers
There was so much to see and do at Bord Bia Bloom 2022. Here’s a brief recap of Bloom in numbers:
- Over 110,000 visitors, including 15,000 children attended the festival.
- The prestigious judging panel comprised of 15 Irish and international horticultural experts, who awarded more than 78 awards to show garden designers, amateur postcard garden designers; nurseries and floral artists.
- Three new garden designers struck gold for the first time at Bord Bia Bloom.
- There were over 1,200 potato plants in the Eat Well Garden.
- Seven new products were launched in the Bord Bia Food Village.
- Over 10,000 Irish plants were sold in the Quality Mark Plant Village.
- This year’s show featured 19 show gardens, nine postcard gardens and 17 nursery displays, over 80 food and drink producers and 130 retailers.
- Almost 17,000 people availed of Bord Bia’s free Shuttle Bus to and from Bord Bia Bloom.
- More than 5,000 plants were left for safe keeping in the Plant Créche while their owners explored the festival.
- Over 250 retail and foodservice buyers with a combined buying power of €20 billion met with 80-plus Irish food and drink companies at the Bord Bia trade breakfast.
- 23 children took part in the first ‘Learn to Cook with Neven’ demonstration at the Quality Kitchen Stage.
- A total of 3,800 people worked on site over the five days, including 100 Bord Bia staff volunteers.
- It takes 14 days to clear the Bord Bia Bloom site.
President Michael D Higgins pictured at the Enable Ireland Respite Garden with designer Robert Moore